Why do I need a Beauty Fridge?
So why is everyone all of a sudden obsessed with storing their skin care in a fridge?
The practise of storing skin care and beauty items in a fridge is most definitely having it's moment in 2019. However cold skin care has had its deep roots in Asian skin care for centuries, in particular in Korean and Japanese skin care routines.
This skin care secret presents a plethora of benefits. A colder environment can not only prolong the shelf life of your precious products, it may also help to aid in better absorption into the skin, all whilst calming and soothing skin.
The Beauty Fridge is the first mini fridge to launch in Australia that is dedicated to storing all your beauty and skin care. Here’s to 2019, where a fridge for your beauty regime is an absolute necessity!
What should I keep in my Beauty Fridge?
Below is your ultimate guide to some items that the TBF team recommend keeping in refrigerated in The Beauty Fridge:
- DIY Skin Care: Fear no more, the hard work you put into your at home DIY concoctions can now last you longer! Since they are not likely to include preservatives in them, keeping them in the fridge can help regulate the temperature and keep bacterial growth at bay for longer shelf life.
- Products with Active Ingredients: Skin care that has a high concentration of active ingredients such as Vitamin C, Retinol or Benzoyl Peroxide formulas tend to break down when exposed to direct sunlight and heat. We recommend keeping these precious ingredients in a cool and dark place like inside The Beauty Fridge! TBF's Current Favourite: Drunk Elephant's C Firma Vitamin C Serum.
- Sheet Masks/Eye Masks: The cooling effects are sure to help with de-puffing and minimising irritation on your skin, reducing excess facial fluid. No matter what the purposes are for either refreshing, tightening, brightening or hydrating, storing these masks in the fridge will enhance their benefits. TBF's Current Favourite: Go-To Skincare's Transformazing Sheet Mask.
- Face Mists: Although it is not essential that these are stored in the fridge, the cooling effect of each spritz will refresh you especially when the weather is hot - the ultimate pick-me-up when you’re melting in the summer heat!
- Organic, Natural and Preservative Free Skin care: With a larger focus on brands coming out with natural products containing less chemical preservatives or preservative free formulations, these formulas are likely to decompose quicker. This can quickly become a breeding ground for bacteria which can lead to skin issues such as acne or irritation when applied. TBF's Current Favourite: Lush Cosmetics Mask of Magnaminty.
- Probiotics (Lactobacillus, Bifidabacterium): Skin care with live probiotic cultures must be refrigerated to extend the life of these ‘good’ bacteria. Any products that do contain these live probiotic cultures most likely were stored in a fridge at the time of purchase - which is also a good indication that they should stay in a fridge. In order to keep this ‘good’ bacteria healthy, we recommend keeping them in their happy ecosystem - a cold fridge.
- Facial Tools: Maximise the benefits of your facial rollers and Gua Shas in the fridge to help boost their de-puffing effects on the skin, increase blood circulation and promote lymphatic drainage. TBF's Current Favourite: Zove Beauty Rose Quartz Facial Roller and Gua Sha Set.
- Other Bits and Bobs: The Beauty Fridge can also be home to some other items you may have not known to benefit from a colder environment.
Nail polish: When stored in a cooler environment can prevent the formula from becoming thick and drying out.
Aloe Vera: Products with Aloe Vera or the Aloe Vera plant itself will last longer in the fridge, experience the healing benefits of Aloe with a cooling and soothing sensation.
Candles: The theory is that if you put your candle in the fridge it will increase its burning time.
Eyeliner/Lip Liner: Want to have a sharper more precise line? Then keeping your pencils in the fridge will help achieve that and also reduce the likelihood of breakage when being sharpened.
Hi – is there a warranty on this fridge? I had a mini fridge from Amazon that lost its cool factor after 4 months. I don’t want to be disappointed again. Thanks
Hi Solange, Our fridge runs at approximately 28db 🙂 you will hear a very faint fan noise, as there is a spinning fan mechanism in fridges this is inevitable.
Hi, because the fridge will be potentially placed in my room. I would like to know how noisy it is when on, can you hear the fan working?. Thank you.